Shane is an accomplished senior technologist in the online, systems and automation space. He has vast experience in web-hosting at scale, being accountable for the infrastructure platform of one of Australia’s busiest websites to leading the architecture function of Australia’s biggest food manufacturer.
With a unique skill-set spanning from scripting/code development, systems engineering, solution architecture and business case generation he has the ability to understand problems from a holistic level and respond to almost any situation he’s presented with.
Whilst he isn’t afraid in getting his hands dirty he is equally able to align technology to business goals to deliver value. He is able to communicate technical solutions from developer effectively all the way through to a C level audience. Shane has very deep knowledge of enterprise and emerging solutions both on Microsoft and *nix technology stacks, spanning on premise and the major public cloud providers. He is an evangelist of the DevOps movement.
Shane is a speaker at Melbourne infrastructure Coders, organiser of brown bags, blogger, mentor, is passionate about industrial control system automation and IoT.
- Web Hosting (IIS/Apache/Nginx/ElasticSearch/….)
- Optimisation of Infrastructure Operations
- Relation and Non-Relational Databases
- N-Tier Architecture (from code base to infrastructure)
- Mutable Infrastructure & Synthetic Monitoring Design
- Scale Out & Clustered Systems
- Continuous Delivery / Integration
- Software Defined & Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- AWS & Azure (Iaas/PaaS)
- Infrastructure As Code (Packer/Azure/AWS)
- Virtualisation & Storage
- Multiple Scripting Languages
- ERP (JD Edwards) & CRM (SAP/Salesforce)
Building & System Control Automation
- PLC, SCADA, NO/NC/PNP/NPN Sensors, Ladder Logic
- IOT (Azure & AWS)
- Business Case Generation
- CxO and Executive Engagement
- Vendor Management
- Capability & Roadmap Generation
- Technology Selection Framework
- Mentoring & Succession Planning